So, you’re ready to hire a web development company to build your perfect website. Are you sure?
These 5 tips will help you effectively collaborate with your developer to build an amazing website, on-time and on-budget.
- RESEARCH. Search for your competition online. See what each is doing right and wrong on their website. Does their website represent their brand and convey information that website visitors in your industry are looking for? Make detailed notes.
- BRANDING. Your website may be your biggest marketing tool and should represent your company well. It is important to carefully follow your existing branding guide or ask potential web developers if they can help you create a branding guide.
- FUNCTIONALITY. Besides displaying information, what do you need your website to do? Functionality can include MailChimp integrations, quote forms, event calendars, shopping carts, online payments, social media feeds, etc.
- CONTENT. Professional images and copy are necessary to make your website look amazing and maintain the attention of your visitors. We recommend unique photography and well-written, unique content. Stock images are overused and copy-and-paste content will hurt your search engine rankings. Most web development companies have in-house photographers and copywriters or have strategic partnerships with these professionals. It is important to gather as much content as you can prior to the website build begins. It will serve as a foundation for design and layout.
- PACKAGE IT. Presenting potential web developers with your research, branding guide, functionality requirements, and content will allow them to give you an accurate timeline and price. Your developer will be able to deliver your website quickly that 100% represents your company.
Opnus designers and developers are standing by to answer any questions you may have about the website design process. Our goal is to provide you with a website that you love and that captures the attention of your visitors. We are never in a rush to lock you into a contract. It is important to us that you understand the development process completely and that you have had time to gather the items you need for us to deliver an amazing website.